Sadiq asked me this question: Which files are modified by FNDCPASS ?
FNDCPASS is a C executable to change Application, Oracle User and APPLSYS password
The answer is given in metalink note 159244.1 which gives this list. Here's a copy paste from the relevant section of that note:
When changing the password for APPS it is important to manually change the APPS password in the following files as well as necessary:
1. $ORACLE_HOME/listener/cfg/wdbsvr.app file as well. (Otherwise users will not be able to login to the Personal Home Page or Self-service web apps.) This may also be necessary in the $IAS_ORACLE_HOME\Apache\modplsql\cfg\wdbsvr.app file
2. Workflow Notification Mailer - $FND_TOP/resource/wfmail.cfg
3. The concurrrent manager start script.
5. $AD_TOP/admin/template/CGIcmd.dat may contain the password if it is being used. (Please refer to Note 159033.1 How to Setup Oracle Reports in Portal to Use
6. If you instance is Multi-node and Autoconfig enabled, it may be necessary to invoke Autoconfig to implement the above changes.
For additional information, here's a cust paste of the README file included with patch 1685689 (released in March 15, 2001) which contains FNDCPASS utility.
FNDCPASS apps/apps 0 Y system/manager SYSTEM APPLSYS WELCOME
FNDCPASS apps/apps 0 Y system/manager ORACLE GL GL1
FNDCPASS apps/apps 0 Y system/manager USER VISION WELCOME
Standard concurrent program parameters with password to the system account where we can do alter user when we need to change the password for an Oracle user. The other arguments are explained below:
*** FNDCPASS apps/apps 0 Y system/manager SYSTEM APPLSYS WELCOME
This is to change applsys password. When specifying SYSTEM token, FNDCPASS expects the next argument are the applsys name and the new password.
(1) applsys validation. (make sure APPLSYS name is correct)
(2) re-encrypt all password in FND_USER
(3) re-encrypt all password in FND_ORACLE_USERID
(4) update applsys's password in FND_ORACLE_USERID table.
(5) Given the fact that everything with read_only_flag in the set (E, K, M, O, U) in FND_ORACLE_USERID table must always have the same password, we update these password as well as the applsys' password. For example, the apps's password will be
updated when changing applsys password.
(6) Alter user to change the oracle password for the above oracle users.
*** FNDCPASS apps/apps 0 Y system/manager ORACLE GL GL1
This is to change an oracle user password. Changing GL password results:
(1) update GL's password in FND_ORACLE_USERID table. The new password is re-encrypted with the current applsys password.
If GL does not exists, step (2) below does not happen. Message for invalid oracle user is written in the log file.
(2) alter user to change GL's password.
*** FNDCPASS apps/apps 0 Y system/manager USER VISION WELCOME
This is to change an application user password. Changing VISION password results:
(1) update VISION's password in FND_USER table. The new password is re-encrypted with the current applsys password.
If VISION does not exist, message for invalid application user is written in the log file.
No products affected by the patch