Blog dedicated to Oracle Applications (E-Business Suite) Technology; covers Apps Architecture, Administration and third party bolt-ons to Apps

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Node id does not exist for the current application server id.

I am doing sanity checks on an instance which has been converted to shared application file system.  The DBA was working on it till late night, so he is not available now.  I was unable to access the home page.  I saw some old Apache and Jserv process.  When I tried to stop apache, I got the following error:

$ adapcctl.sh stop

adapcctl.sh version 115.55

Node id does not exist for the current application server id.
Apache Web Server Listener is not running.
Node id does not exist for the current application server id.
Node id does not exist for the current application server id.
Apache Web Server Listener (PLSQL) is not running.
Node id does not exist for the current application server id.

A search on metalink yielded note 359998.1 which suggested a mismatch in fnd_nodes.server_id and APPLICATION_SERVER_ID variable in the dbc file.  Running adgendbc.sh was suggested as a solution.  So I manually ran $COMMON_TOP/admin/install/adgendbc.sh.  This recreated the dbc file.  After this I was able to successfully stop and restart Apache and get to the instance.

1 comment:

Francisco Tejeda said...

Hello Vikram,

I've been doing some labs about restoring hot backups on Oracle eBusiness. I ran into this error. The solution provided by the note solved my problem.
Can you confirm if this steps are right ?
1. Hot backup of datafiles.
2. Create backup controlfile.
3. Startup Apps and generated transactions.
4. Shutdown everything.
5. Restore datafiles.

6. Execute note 760772.1
7. Startup Application.
8. When logging got error "Node id does not exist..."
9. Execute adgendbc.sh apps password

What I'd like to confirm is if I could only restore the database or do I have to restore the $ORACLE_HOME too ?

Best Regards,

Francisco Tejeda