Blog dedicated to Oracle Applications (E-Business Suite) Technology; covers Apps Architecture, Administration and third party bolt-ons to Apps

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

ld.so.1: vi: fatal: relocation error

While trying to solve the issue in the previous post, I had modified the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include /usr/ucblib directory. This was the result:

$vi
ld.so.1: vi: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/bin/vi: symbol cur_term: referenced symbol not found

unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH

vi worked fine. /usr/ucblib directory should not be in the $LD_LIBRARY_PATH. If it is, you'll get this error.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanmk you this helped alot i saw your last post because i was researching the problem and i was still tryng to fgure it out until i tried this! thank you thankyou and again thank you!

cheers,
Bruna

Vikram Das said...

Glad to know that it helped you.

- Vikram

Kishore Thakur said...

I was searching for this solution for quite some time, did not get the appropriate solution, your blog is superb !! it gives me correct ans, it works for me well. Thanks dude.

Regards,
Kishore Thakur

Anonymous said...

I was facing this problem as well. But the fix that got me going was just to figure out and set the correct ORCALE_HOME parameter, as the box was recently upgraded from Oracle 10gR2 to Oracle 11gR2 and the profile still had the ORACLE_HOME pointing towards 10g Home.
Thanks
Vikas.

Anonymous said...

I added /usr/lib in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and it worked for me