Some users reported HTTP-400 Bad Request errors in ERPOTMD1. Here's what was happening:
1. If the first window you open was an OTM instance, everything worked fine.
2. If you started E-Business Suite and then accessed OTM, HTTP-400 Bad Request would result.
3. This was happening in IE8, Firefox6.
4. Apache error.log showed:
[Wed Aug 24 14:41:43 2011] [error] [client 184.108.40.206] request failed: error reading the headers
I googled and found this:
This post advised:
request headers can be quite long, try setting
in the server context.
So I checked the value of this variable in Apache httpd.conf and found that it was set to:
I changed it to
And bounced Apache and Weblogic.
Problem was resolved. For official confirmation from Oracle about this fix, I logged SR. Oracle OTM Development was ok with this change.